KS2 Rules for Computing and the Internet
In school, I have access to computers, the internet, online forums and digital technologies. I will use these in line with the following rules which will help to keep me safe and help me to be fair to others.
- I will only use the school’s computers for school work and homework.
- I will not look at or change other people’s files without their permission and I will only delete my own files.
- I will keep my login and password a secret from others except my parents and teachers. I must not use anyone else’s login and password or use computers left logged in by someone else.
- I must not use computers in a way which prevents others from using them including removing any accessories, such as headphones.
- I will ask permission from an adult in school or my parents before using the internet.
- I am aware that some websites and social networks are not appropriate at my age and that I should not visit these with in school.
- I will only email people I know or that my teacher or parent has approved.
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible.
- I must not write anything that might upset others.
- I understand that adults in the school may check messages, files and websites that I have used and may contact my parents/carers if they are concerned about my safety.
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I have permission or I know the person who has sent it.
- I will not give any personal details, such as my home address, phone number, photograph or any other personal information which may be used to identify me, my friends or my family, unless an adult in school has given me permission.
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the internet, by email, in a chatroom or forum, unless my parent, guardian or teacher has given me permission and I have a responsible adult with me.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with, visit a website that makes me feel uncomfortable or receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will tell an adult in school or my parents.
- I will use mobile phones and mobile technologies in a safe way in line with the above guidance