Nurture, Aspire, Achieve
Welcome to Year 2
We have two classes in Year 2.
Class 2M: Miss Moules
Class 2W: Miss Wren
PE Day: Tuesday
Please check this page regularly for updates on what we have been doing in class during the week, important updates and reminders and information about upcoming topics and events.
Laura Berry-Simpson (l.berry) on: Year 2
We have had a lovely first half term in Year 2.
Here are some of the things we have been up to:
- We have learnt about real life superheroes like Florence Nightingale, Mary Seacole and Sir Captain Tom.
- We have learnt about the role that nurses, the police, the fire service and supermarket staff have in our community and learnt how they are superheroes too.
- We made a card for Gildersome's Coop to show them our appreciation of their hardwork throughout lockdown.
- We have learnt about Place Value in Maths.
- We have learnt how to write in paragraphs and how to use adjectives to make our writing more exciting.
- We have learnt about how to look after our teeth and carried out a gross egg experiment.
- Class 2M even managed to achieve their class target and were rewarded with a film & snacks afternoon with their favourite teddies.
We can't wait for the next half term where we will be learning all about... CHOCOLATE!
Year 2 Blog - 2019-20
Anna Head (a.head) on: Year 2 Blog - 2019-20
This morning we had three visitors, Mrs Sandhu and her two children, who came to talk to us about the festival of Diwali. It is celebrated by members of the Sikh and Hindu faiths. We heard the story of Rama and Sita from both faiths, and then learned about how it is celebrated.
It was fantastic to see the children engaged in learning about this festival. Thank you to the Sandhu family for coming to talk to us.