Class Teacher - Maternity Cover
Hours: Full-time class teacher (32.5hours)
Salary: MPS - UPS (£23720 - £39406 pay award pending)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, inspirational and highly motivated Class Teacher to provide a maternity cover starting in January 2020 for two terms. The role will be based in Year 1.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is a proven, consistently good/outstanding practitioner with recent experience of teaching in a relevant year group
- has a thorough working knowledge and understanding of the curriculum including assessment and monitoring
- has a passion and determination to help all children achieve or exceed their potential
- has high expectations of attainment and behaviour
- is able to lead, support, inspire and motivate colleagues through excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a team
- is resilient, flexible and resourceful
- is committed to continuous professional development
In return, we can offer:
- motivated and enthusiastic children with high standards of behaviour who deserve the very best opportunities
- an excellent building with good facilities
- supportive, hard-working colleagues and governors who care passionately about our school and local community
- career development opportunities
Candidates are welcome to visit the school and this is strongly encouraged. Please call to arrange a mutually convenient time.
To apply for the post, please download and complete the application form. Paper copies are available from the school office. Please return completed application forms to Mrs J Spencer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via post/hand to the school office.
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd October 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 14th October 2019.
Safer Recruitment Statement
Gildersome Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and we seek to promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.