Nurture, Aspire, Achieve
Class Teacher - Maternity Cover
Pay Scale: MPS - UPS
Temporary - likely to be for one academic year
Suitable for Early Career Teachers
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, inspirational and highly motivated Class Teacher to provide a Maternity Cover from September 2021. The specific year group is yet to be confirmed but is likely to be Year 1, 2, or 3.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is a proven, consistently good/outstanding practitioner with recent experience of teaching in a relevant year group
- has a thorough working knowledge and understanding of the curriculum including assessment and monitoring
- has a passion and determination to help all children achieve or exceed their potential
- has high expectations of attainment and behaviour
- is able to lead, support, inspire and motivate colleagues through excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a team
- is resilient, flexible and resourceful
- is committed to continuous professional development
In return, we can offer:
- motivated and enthusiastic children with high standards of behaviour who deserve the very best opportunities
- an excellent building with good facilities
- supportive, hard-working colleagues and governors who care passionately about our school and local community
- career development opportunities
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer candidates a tour of the school prior to shortlisting however, all interviewees will be given a full tour of the school on the day of interview. Candidates are encouraged to have a look at our school website and blogs to get a feel for the school and what we offer.
Closing date: 30th June 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 5th July 2021
Start date: September 2021
Safer Recruitment Statement
Gildersome Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we seek to promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.