A new OFSTED Framework is in place for inspecting Primary Schools as of September, 2019.
Continuous, open and honest self-evaluation is at the heart of our school improvement plans. In-line with OfSTED's recommended approach we focus upon four key areas:
- Quality of education
- Behaviour and Attitudes
- Personal Development
- Leadership and Management
These plans are systematically reviewed throughout each phase of the school improvement cycle by our Governors and school improvement advisors from Leeds City Council. They are working documents which are frequently updated to reflect new evidence as it becomes available.
If you have any questions about the statements which we have made please feel free to discuss them with any member of staff or Governor.
Raising standards is the focus of the School Improvement Plan. In the plan we have five key priorities for 2019-20:
We will continue to improve our school by:
- To raise the standards of attainment in Reading, Writing and Mathematics at the end of every year group so that the percentage at the end of KS2 is at or above national
- To ensure that leaders at all levels are knowledgeable and accountable for provision in their areas of responsibility leading to pupils making good progress
- To improve children’s oracy skills to enhance attainment and progress across the broad and balanced curriculum
- To ensure that current systems are enhanced to further promote the well-being of pupils and staff
- To support the Governing Body to more stringently hold leaders to account for the impact of school improvement initiatives